Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
25"Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27'Your brother has come,' he replied, 'and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.'
28"The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!'
31" 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "Luke 15: 25-32
- I'm thankful that I have now a better understanding of the story. That the story talks about two different kinds of person. For people who are lost in sin and needs to be saved and the people like the elder son who are upset that God blesses other people.
- I'm thankful that through this story, I appreciate more my parents. How they love us and how we should love and respect them in return.
- And I'm thankful that I understand more the meaning of this statement: "Our time alone with God is more important that our service (works)"
- Also, I'm thankful for my friend's gift. He bought me a book "Exploring Worship" when he went to visit Singapore last week. It was a good book!
More thankful entries here.
Hindi ko nagawan na kuhanan ng litrato ang dapat sana ay lahok ko ngayong linggo. Bagkus ito ang ibabahagi ko sa inyo.....
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Do you screen your phone calls?
~Yes, but not all the time.
When was the last time you lost your temper?
~I can't remember. I seldom lose temper....:D
When you're lost, do you ask for directions?
~Yes. Though I feel I have a strong sense of direction, I still ask people. It helps when you ask.
More Manic Monday entries here.
Friday, March 20, 2009
- I finished reading “The Duke” by Catherine Coulter. A romance novel, which took to me as far as Scotland and which I almost missed sans my eagerness to revive my penchant for reading. Three more books are next in line.
- I was fascinated with some few hacks I’ve learned to reformat my XP. With a little patience and tremendous effort, I’ve installed, played and tweaked the program to make my PC looks akin to Mac. And I like it. Now, I’m more inspired to work on my PC.
- I’m thinking of enrolling the little lady to a swimming class this summer. Thanks for Milet’s enthusiasm to look for a school. I’ve learned the school from her.
- So we’ll be going there tomorrow to inquire.
Will be back ….Ciao!
- Link with the person who tagged you.
- Copy above images.
- Post this on any or all of your Blog/s.
- Answer the two-part questionnaire following these Rules. (Feel free to elaborate your answers. For questions 8 - 14, post only the one (1) which you believe best describes your choice.)
- Share this with at least seven (7) friends on your Blog Roll.
- Come back to Living A' La Mode (DO NOT CHANGE THIS LINK PLEASE.) and leave the URL of your Post in order for you/your Blog to be added to the Master List.
- Have fun!
- Tet of A Sweet Taste of Life
- Cee of Living A' La Mode
- Dez of My Life in this Wonderful World
- Vanniedosa of Life With Style
- Mhay of Married and Happy About It
1. Do you exercise full or minimal control over your child's / children's behavior?
~I exercise full control over my child's behavior.
2. Do you expect your child / children to obey 100% or let her / him / them do what pleases her / him / them?
~I don't expect her to obey me a 100% now, but hopefully when she gets older she would.
3. Do you welcome discussion or you simply set rules?
~I welcome discussion. I often talk to my daughter, explain to her why I need to spank her or why what she wants is not good for her. I also give her choices. And these works well with us.
4. Do you reprimand?
~Yes, of course.
5. Do you use spanking for punishment?
~Yes but not all the time. Sometimes I let her face the wall.
6. Do you use some kind of a reward System for motivation?
7. Do you enjoy being a Parent?
~Yup. Very much!
8. Are you a hands-on Parent or do you have a full-time Nanny?
~I have a full-time nanny who takes care of her everyday when I'm at work. When Im at home specially during weekends, I see to it that I give all of my time to her.
9. At what age would you let your child make simple decisions for himself / herself?
~I let her make simple decisions now.
10.Do you and your Husband have the same Parenting Style?
~I think I'm more strict than my husband.
7. How long have you been married?
~3 years and 8 months
8. How do you feel about being a Wife?
~I love it.
9. What has been your typical sleeping attire since you got married?
~ Pajamas, mostly cotton sleep wears
10. How do you show how appreciative you are of your Husband?
~By being affectionate and vocally appreciative.
11. What do you do when your Husband annoys you?
~Keep quiet for quite some time until he say sorry.
12. You are buying or planning to buy your first house as Husband and Wife ....
~We already did and we both like it.
13. How does your house look like at the end of the day when Hubby gets home?
~Very well kept
14. How do you feel about running a household?
~Exciting and Challenging
15. What is the sweetest gift you have given your Husband so far?
~Hmmm....a surprise birthday party last 2007... a month before he left for Riyadh.
Passing this to Heidi, Nette, Jona, Kitts, Lilet, Toni, and Yette
Also posted it here and here.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.
We’ve just finished the series of God’s Lost and Found last night. These are stories and parable of Jesus which were told in the book of Luke, which includes the parable of the lost sheep, the parable of the lost coin and the parable of the lost son. Truth be told, I’ve only came to understand deeper these parables because of our pastor’s series. And the bottom line is about God’s immeasurable love for the lost soul. And because of that love we’ve become free. He set us free!
As Christians we are indeed blessed. And we should not keep this blessing to ourselves. We have a responsibility to reach out, as God wanted us, the lost and help them to be set free.
I’m thankful for my salvation and I am more grateful that I realized these things. Now, I have the deep longing to be able to go and help save the lost.
This week, I am also thankful that my domain is finally up and running. Thanks to my ever-supportive friend, Milet.
What are you thankful for this week? Join or read more thankful entries here
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
At the airport a woman overheard a mother and daughter talking as theyspent their last moments together before saying good-bye. They announced the departure. Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the mother said, "I love you and I wish you enough".
The daughter replied, "Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom".They kissed and the daughter left. The mother walked over to the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see she wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on her privacy but she welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?" Yes, I have," I replied. "Forgive me for asking, but why is this forever good-bye?"
"I am old and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is - the next trip back will be for my funeral," she said."When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish you enough'. May I ask what that means?"She began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone".She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail and she smiled even more. "When we said, 'I wish you enough', we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them".Then turning toward me, she shared the following as if she were reciting it from memory.
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.
She then began to cry and walked away.They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.
I wonder what will be the little girl’s reaction once she meets her dad face to face.
Monday, March 16, 2009
1. Make a list of what you want for your Birthday.
2. The list should be 10 numbers.
3. Include the image of this Award on your Post.
4. Give it to 10 Friends of yours.
Though my birthday is still 4 months away, here are my wishes..
- Good health for my whole family
- More time with my family and my ministry
- A more challenging and high paying job (?)
- Travel (local or foreign )
- A new car (?)
- More online work
- More savings
- More fund for the extension of our new house.
- New job for hubby
- A new baby (:D)
Are you a saver or spender?
~I think I'm both. But lately I am more likely to be a spender for my daughter.~
Do you prefer to walk around barefoot in your home? Socks? Shoes?
~I'm comfortable walking around barefoot :) ~
Do you talk to yourself?
~Absolutely, time but not when somebody is looking at me. I do in when I'm alone.~
More MM entries here.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose.
- That my brother is recuperating. He’s still feeling weak because of the hospitalization but he’s getting better and better each day.
- For God’s provision, we we’re able to pay for his hospital bills.
- For God’s wisdom. We almost got caught of a scam as posted here. Truly He is guiding us and giving us right judgment every time we need it.
- For my husband’s trust on my opinion. He always shares and consults me every time and I’m grateful for that.
- For everything good or bad experiences I had theses past days. Truly God is amazing and in control.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
- I brought my youngest brother to the hospital last Thursday. He was diagnosed of fluid-congested lungs. The fluid has to be removed immediately and an operation has to be done. The fact that I am the only person who can take him to the hospital (all my sisters are at work), I was the one who helped him be admitted. He was there for almost a week. He underwent two operations to completely remove the fluid and four X-ray procedures to check if all fluid were removed. And finally, the other day, he was discharged. Thank God he’s okay now. Still weak but recovering.
- Hubby received a letter of appointment from a hospital in Madrid, Spain. The other day we were able to talk through YM and he mentioned about his application and immediate job offer. He also sent me the appointment letter. After reading it I had the feeling that it was fraud. Why? Because of the awe-inspiring benefits they’re offering. Amazing pay, weekly allowances, new car, a super nice accommodation. Based on this alone, a wise person can tell that there might be a catch, right? Plus, I noticed that the appointment letter was not written on the hospital’s letter head. There isn’t any logo of the hospital. Plus, when I checked the hospital’s website, the name of the HR director was not even the one who signed the letter. Aside from that the signatory of the letter mentioned that my husband will have to send them €900 for the processing of his working permit though he also said that it’s refundable. My instinct was telling me that this is a scam. A fraudulent scheme. I told my husband to check with their HR if there are other employees who were offered the same. And sure enough, there are other employees who were sent the same letter but from another signatory. Their hospital told them that it's indeed a scam.
*I’m heaving a sigh* If we weren’t wise enough we might be already caught by this trap. Thank God for the wisdom.
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Ito ang aking unang beses na pagsali sa LP at ito ang aking lahok para sa linggong ito.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me,
and delivered me from all my fears.(Psalm 34:4)
- I thank God for the strength he gave me during that time.
- I thank God that the result of the latest X-Ray confirms that it’s not fluid and he does not need to undergo an operation.
- I thank God for the peace in our hearts and minds and the comfort God gave us.
God is indeed a great healer and an ever present help in time of need.
More thankful entries here.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
- Place toys in a bag.
- Pour ½ cup of baking soda into bag.
- Shake toys around until they are well coated. The baking soda will help draw out any dirt, soot, and odors.
- Remove toys from bag and dust off any large amounts of baking soda.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment to suck up any remaining residue.
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
(this was taken from my post last year)
And now, the changing time also changed my daughter's fave pose. And here it is.
Monday, March 02, 2009
Anyway, I've watched this movie last Sunday with my nanay, simply because I love the two: JLC and Sarah. I love their first movie "A Very Special Love" and I expected that the sequel would be a great one too. And I am right, I got my money's worth. Para akong teenager na kinilig sa kanila. Two thumbs up. Aside from that na remind ako sa hubby ko kasi "Bebeh" din ang tawag ko sa kanya. hehehe!
There are lots of forums about the movie and to sum them up, (coz I've read quite a few) the movie is recieving positive, good reviews. I don't care about those who give nasty and bad feedbacks, all I know is that the movie is a good one.
If you want to laugh, kiligin, at maging teenager kahit sandali..watch. this. movie. :D