Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Rule: Name five of the Best Nights of your Life and then tag four people.
May 1, 2003 - a movie treat turned date... Jerry and I became a couple
July 20, 2003 - a wonderful, romantic birthday treat. Went home from work and saw rose petals scattered all over my room, romantic dinner followed.
January 1, 2004 - Our first New Year as a couple, went to Mindoro to meet his parents and celebrate the new year with them
July 23, 2005 - Our wedding day/night :D
May 30, 2006 - Gave birth to our little angel Jaden
I'm tagging Chi, Yette, Cathy, and Heidi
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
- Loves to dance the “kering-keri” song of Rejoice commercial. Whenever she hears it, she’ll immediately stand and start dancing.
- Hum songs and dances (sways like an inverted pendulum) and stomps her feet
- When she sees the TV ad of Rejoice with the girl in front of the mirror screaming, she screams ahead of her
- She can place some of the shapes of her toy puzzle like square, oval, and circle on their proper places.
- She enjoys drawing lines and doodles on her coloring books including the floor
- She acts as if reading her books, and mumbles and babbles words.
- She loves looking at her photo albums... Result: torn pages!
- She points her finger to something that she wants, she doesn’t grab something from your hand, she’ll point her finger if she wants it, as if asking permission.
- She always grab the phone receiver and dials and act as if talking to someone then she’ll passes the phone to me as if the imaginary person she talked to wants to talk to her mommy also :D
- She loves cotton buds! Whenever she got one, she’ll insert it in her ears and leave it there while playing or doing something (result: I now buy cotton buds safe for toddlers)
- Knows how to call her favorite teddy bear, “tedi!”. She’ll look for her every morning and kiss and hug her.
- She loves the kitchen. She always wanted to see what’s cooking.
- She can ran and walk faster now.
- Can recognize birds, stars, moon, and dog.
- Loves to eat. When she sees someone eating, she’ll get closer to the person and opens her mouth while saying “Ah!.”
- Can already manage the kiddie rides at WOF
- Loves smiling when I take her pictures...she giggles a lot as I count 1-2-3!
- Wants to eat by her self.
- Knows how to call us : Mama or Ma (mommy), Nana (lola/nanay), Ta (tita), tata (lolo/tatay) Dadi (dad), Ya (yaya).
- She’ll always wake-up on time. She wakes up before I leave the house so I still got the chance to play with her in the morning before going to work
- Likes to climb up the bed and sofa
- She can get down from the bed by herself. She has her own technique. She'll just slide her body down the bedside
My name: Mhay
Childhood ambition: Doctor
Fondest memory: my wedding and highschool days.
Soundtrack: Totally Committed To You (the song we sang on our wedding..an original composition of a friend)
Retreat: Prayer Mountain.
Wildest dream: to travel around the world with my whole family.
Proudest moment: giving birth.
Biggest challenge: balancing work and family life (too)
Alarm clock: Don't need one also since i can wake up on time but sometimes, my cellphone.
Perfect day: when I started my day with a quiet time with God and when I receive calls from hubby.
First job: Dunkin' Donuts Crew
Last purchase: my lunch? :D
Favorite movie: A walk to remember
Inspiration: my family
My life is: blessed and happy.
My card is: Visa, Mastercard and JCB.
I'm tagging Yette, Chi and Toni ...(sana di pa kayo na tag girls :D)
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
I learned one lesson this week and I want to share them with you. It’s about developing positive self-talk. Self-talk is the stream of messages that play over and over in our heads. It’s the messages that we usually say to ourselves. It’s a component in shaping our identity. How do you react if you are caught in a bad situation, say heavy traffic? Do you feel bad? fume or rant? If you’ve committed a mistake at work, do you blame yourselves, speak badly about your abilities, blame others? I know I’m guilty at this because sometimes I rant, like what happened last month. I even posted this ranting and I would like to apologize since I know I’ve imparted negative views to my readers. Won’t do that again.
Anyway, how do you talk to yourself? If you will review the things that you say to yourselves, are you reinforcing a positive view or are you putting yourselves down? If you want to have a healthy self-view, if you want to develop assertiveness as a person, here are some pointers that were shared by Alana Billingham (Media Associates).
1. Actively mange your self-talk. Do not talk to yourself negatively, because you coud apply this even on a larger scale of life. For example, if you always rant about the problems of our country, look at what you say when you are caught in traffic. Do you catch yourself saying, “Nakakainis naman ang traffic talaga sa pilipinas! Mga traffic enforcers na iyan hindi talaga maintindihan!" Instead of blaming others baka ang pwedeng maging self-talk natin, “Ay buti na lang traffic, at least makakapagisip-isip ako at makakapagreflect ako habang traffic.” That is a more positive self-talk. So we need to actively manage our self-talk.
2. Start paying attention to your internal messages. If they are negative, change them and deliberately plan positive messages in their place.
3. It’s important that you're not only instilling those positive messages on your minds, you should say them out loud under your breath and finally in your head.
4. Keep saying them until they have replaced the old redundant negative messages and the positive messages become part of your new identity. Studies shows that, it takes about eight weeks of active participation to change old habit. So,you have to keep at it.
Let’s stop making negative self-talk on ourselves, our offices, even our country. If we want our lives to get better, start using positive self-talk.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Mags: Food, Good Housekeeping, Health Today
Books: Tramp for the Lord, Journey, and the Bible
What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Watched Pursuit of Happyness (in DVD)
The only TV show I watch during prime time: Walang Kapalit
What special days did I celebrate and how?
July 7 and 11 - My college friend's birthdays: Went to Max's Gateway on July 14th
July 20- My Birthday! :)
July 23 - Our 2nd anniversarry.
I ordered food at my mom's house to celebrate my birthday.
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
My friend gave me a kikay kit, hubby greeted me at 12am of July 20. I sent hubby anniversarry card and pictures.
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I lost weight :( I'm trying to gain it back though.
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Dinner at Max's Gateway with college friends.
My church friend slept over and had a great time with her
Watched Transformers with my siblings.
Coloring books with Jaden
What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I tried cooking sinigang sa bayabas...after eating few, it end up in the trash hehe :D
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Ordered food for my birthday: one in the office and another at home
What were this month’s disappointments?
My present from hubby hasn't arrived yet. Too late for my birthday :(
My landlady charged me of rental interests.
My electric bill was 200% higher than the previous month.
What were my accomplishments this month?
Led a midweek service's praise and worship without the jittery feeling. Good presentation for the BOD meeting.
I'm tagging Toni, Yette, Chi
Monday, August 06, 2007
- I've got a new shirt from Kamiseta at 50% off! I bought it but the cash was courtesy of my dear officemates... it was their gift for my birthday :D
- Typhoon "Chedeng" came to our area of responsibility. That means, RAIN for the Philippines!
- My Meralco bill for last month was rebilled and I've got a 1000 peso bill reduction. That means SAVINGS!
- 2 posts approved..:D
- Hubby's ok.. Jaden's ok... Wonderful day :)
The next day, we woke up early to attend church. After church we stayed at my mom’s house so Jaden can bond with her cousins. Sunday is always a family day. We usually stay at my mom’s. The children played. My daughter, since the youngest just enjoyed playing on her own. And guess what she got….
Yes, she enjoyed riding her cousin's bike though her feet can’t reach yet the pedals...Made me think to buy her own na.
My daughter doesn't fail to surprise me each day. Really!