Have a blessed, fruitful, gracefilled and prosperous 2008 everyone!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Ten minutes before Christmas, hubby called to greet us all. He asked me to lead the prayer and worship before dinner. It was his usual task every year, and since he's not here, it was passed on to me :).
After dinner we already went home since Jaden was already sleepy. When we got home, she was still able to opened her gifts..after she opened the last box, nakatulog na rin agad.
The next day, we just stayed again to my parents house. No where to go since I know the malls are jampacked. I just bonded with my daughter instead.
So like Toni, we're yaya less. :D I was on leave din yesterday because Jaden got colds and fever, good thing, she's ok now.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
The rule: When you get tagged, you have to add your name below the person who tagged you and by doing so you are letting the list grow.
Rachel’s Soulful Thoughts
When Silence Speaks
Dancing in Midlife Tune
Underneath it All
I am Dzoi
Hobbies and Such
Choc Mint Girl
Rooms of My Heart
A Great Pleasure
Colin aka Cotojo
My Life My World
Mommy’s Gibble Gabbles
Author’s Sweet Life
A Window To Our World
Jenny’s Wandering Thoughts
We are Family
Monday, December 24, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
We’ll I hope she’ll have a wonderful Christmas with us even if she’s far from her relatives.
a nice sunflower lamp
bag tag and bag
There are still more to open…I love surprises so I’ll open them on Christmas eve. I still have gifts yet to received. Hmmmm….exciting!
But I wish somebody will also think of giving me a comfortable sleep wear and a planner / organizer also just like Nice.
Well, I’m already done wrapping my gifts for the kids, my nieces and nephew, my sisters and my mom and dad and of course gifts for my friends and officemates. I still need to shop tomorrow for gifts to my church friends.
Whew! Tired! I don’t even had time to peek on the mirror to see how I look! Good thing I have with me my makeup mirrors :D Practically what I have when on the go :)
I’ll be doing some more shopping tomorrow and after that, I’ll be done!
Rush! Rush! Rush! ….
Friday, December 21, 2007
My sister is lucky this year. She received a coffee maker. It’s not a Jura capresso type but still good enough to make brewed coffee. And since we’ll spend the Christmas with them, we’ll be having a nice Christmas morning with fine brewed coffee served with love. :D
Thursday, December 20, 2007
I wonder if all of us know what it’s like during the First Christmas, because as far as I know, the first Christmas was not a festive celebration like what we do now.
It was a time of denial and disappointment-- When the angel of the Lord told Mary that she’ll give birth to child and they’ll call him Emmanuel, Mary was troubled. Being a virgin and engaged to marry Joseph, it was hard for her. Joseph wanted to divorce her secretly. But the angel of the Lord encouraged Mary and assured Joseph that it was God’s plan.
It was a time of danger and despair--The life of Jesus was in danger. Herod wanted him killed.
It was a time of detour and difficulties -- The maggis had difficulty finding the child. It took them two years to see Him. They detoured in order to save the life of the child from Herod’s hands.
Joseph and his family traveled riding a donkey. They can't find a decent room for Mary's giving birth. They moved from place to place as God commanded them. The baby was born not in a palace, but in a manger.
And most of all the first Christmas was a time of death…hundreds of mothers mourned because Herod ordered all children age two and below to be killed.
Can you imagine that? I just hope that people will realize that the real meaning of Christmas is not about gifts, bonuses, splendid dinner, or parties. It’s not about the things we will receive. It’s not about the celebration but the Celebrant.
This Christmas, let’s be reminded of the purpose of His birth. To save the world that was lost. As we celebrate his birth, let us devote a time to pray and thank God for His great sacrifice.
I always have it with me wherever I go
Together with his cousin...notebook
My pen is witness to all my emotions
When I feel confused, happy or alone,
I pick up my pen and write.
When I’m bored or doing nothing
Or even when just thinking blankly,
I used my pen and just doodle around
I don’t know the story behind its invention
But I thank the person
Who thought of the pen…
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
"Don't blame suffering in the world on the anger of God. He's not mad; he didn't mess up. Follow our troubles to their headwaters, and you won't find any angry or befuddled God. But you will find a sovereign God. Your pain has a purpose. Your problems, struggles, heartaches, and hassles cooperate
toward one end -- the glory of God."
~Max Lucado, It's Not About Me~
I remember when I was there…in a situation that I thought God had left me. But I thanked God that he made me realized that all the pains that I gone through, in the end, served its purpose. And with that I could not but thank him because the pains have made me even a better person. It is during those times that I realized I couldn’t overcome without Him.
If only people all over the world would realized the same thing. Because as I have observed, people who are in pain, suffering or in great poverty. People who have lost their love ones, those who are battling from diseases, those who suffer from sickness, people who do not know the real God are most likely the same people who would immediately blame, murmur or charge God for what they’re going through. It’s easy to blame God when someone is lost, confused or in turbulent situations.
But my prayer is that people would realize that sufferings are not from God. That people will have a bigger picture of their situations. That instead of blaming God…thanked Him. And pray that amidst every hardship, they will still feel the comfort and security in God’s sweet embrace.
games..games..games... Magic Show
After that we went to the 1st bday party of my officemate's daughter at KFC. Jaden still enjoyed it kahit na hindi siya nakatulog ng maayos the whole day. I knew she was sooo tired when we got home...kasi nakatulog agad :D.
curious with Chuckie
Monday, December 17, 2007
And speaking of Christmas sale, I’m on my Christmas rush.. Yes…because until now I haven’t completed my list yet..(a lot of activites last week which needed most of my time) I still need to go shopping for gifts to give. Good thing there are still gift items that are on sale. Yesterday I was able to buy gifts for the kids and a cool comforter which I got at 70% off. It’s my gift to our bed…I could have gotten a memory foam mattress also but the comforter will do for now. I’ll get the mattress next time.
This afternoon I’ll consume my lunch break on buying the rest of the items on my list. I just wish that I’ll found everything in one place. I only got an hour for this. :)
Thursday, December 13, 2007
|Your Love Is Represented By a Red Rose|
You love passionately and fully, without any reservations.
And while romantic love comes easily for you, you also love many people platonically.
You are a true romantic, and you always can see the best in people.
I'm tagging Milette, Kitts, Toni, and Peachy
For this week, the sheriff gave me the stair lifts assignment. As of now, I’ve only gotten two but at least I have two, I'm still thankful ..... sigh...sigh…sigh…tsk..tsk…tsk....my..oh..my!
Anyway, I’m now considering the idea of transferring this blog to its own domain. Will that help? Please share your ideas, please???
This test was my fave..
|You Are an Excellent Cook|
You're a top cook, but you weren't born that way. It's taken a lot of practice, a lot of experimenting, and a lot of learning.
It's likely that you have what it takes to be a top chef, should you have the desire...
I know I can cook ..I love cooking, but I never imagined my self to be a top chef. hehehe! But it's really a rewarding feeling when people praises my cooked meal. Specially when the praise comes from hubby (when he was still here). Awww....I missed cooking for him :(.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Last Saturday, we attended the wedding of my officemate. The whole day was spent on the preparation. I went home late and Jaden’s already dozing off.
Sunday, after attending the church, we went to Richwell Trading to buy gifts for the kids. My sister bought Jaden’s car.
After that, I helped my younger brother on their website project. Their class is competing against other schools in setting up a site that talks everything about the youth. He asked me to write an article about juvenile delinquency, drug and drug treatment centers . Its good that nowadays teachers assign their students meaningful projects huh…I just hope that they win.
Well, I think I’m going to have a busier days ahead….
Monday, December 10, 2007
- My EON account's already activated and accepted by paypal. Will just wait for the EXPUSE number.
- My sister was "acquitted". Upon investigation of her case she was found "not guilty!"
- My sister gave Jaden her gift..a Chicco ride and play car..We bought it at Richwell sale.
- Hubby's gifts already arrived! :D
- It's a wonderful day..tiring but wonderful!!
Anyways, I've got an award!!! Yipeee!!! Thank you so much Kitts for this award! You are indeed a blog buddy :)
I'm passing this to Nice, Toni, Kathy, and Nette.
Monday, December 03, 2007
My little shy girl...turned makulit!
Jaden meets Anevay....
Sun Catcher project with mommy
Nagsawa sila sa rides sa WoF. Jaden enjoyed the rides with her cousin. The first picture below shows Jaden playing independent as she wants to drive this big dog by herself..kaya kung saan-saang direction kami napupunta...lol! Sa second pic naman, she's doing the "papaya" dance.
The award says... “this is the Be The Blog award, which is presented to a successful blogger, one who can “be the blog” - making it their own, staying with it, interacting with the readers, and just plain having fun.”
I'm now presenting this to Nice, Kathy, Milette, Jane, and Kitts
The rule: When you get tagged, you have to add your name next to the person who tagged you and by doing so you are letting the list grow.
Rachel’s Soulful Thoughts
When Silence Speaks
My Love. My life. My everything.
Our Journey as a Family
Married and Happy About It
I'm now passing this to Toni, Heidi, Joey, Nette and Mai
Saturday, December 01, 2007
It lasted an hour. It basically discussed all information about their program and answer to possible questions of the borrower. After the discussion, we’re given forms that we’ll have to fill up and give to our real estate developer if we already got one. But since as of the moment, I’m still looking for a good location and developer, I just kept the form. I got a copy of their list of developers and properties for sale. It’s an advantage that there are places on their list that’s near are present home.
I just hope that we’ll be approved for the loan and of course acquire the house that’s best for us.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
When I was preparing for my wedding two years ago, my best friend was the internet. It helped me find elegant wedding invitation designs. I also got there my gown design and a lot more for my wedding. I also visit wedding exhibits. I remember going to exhibits to gather unique wedding ideas.
It’s really exciting to plan a wedding. Whether you hold it on a peak or lean month, it doesn’t matter. What’s important is you plan it equipped with your creativity, practicality (if needed) and passion.
How I wish I’ll be wed again :D.
Oh…gotta go. We’re leaving now to attend our officemate’s bridal shower tonight.
|You Should Play the Guitar|
You're very independent - both in spirit and in the way you learn.
You can teach yourself almost anything, even if it makes your fingers bleed.
You're not really the type to sit patiently through a music lesson - or do things by the book.
It's more your style to master the fundamentals and see where they take you.
Highly creative and a bit eclectic, you need a wide range of music to play.
You could emerge as a sensitive songwriter... or a manic rock star.
Your dominant personality characteristic: being rebellious
Your secondary personality characteristic: tenacity
Yesterday, we had the chance to talk. My poor sister was accused of fraud and fabrication of sales. There are five of them who got in to this. I told her to just hold on and stand for the truth and trust for God’s intervention. As of the moment, their case is under investigation.
I thought I need to divert her depression so I diverted our conversation on her online business. I advised her to go on with her online business venture instead. She told me that she hasn’t included yet the software that I suggested before. I told her to revisit the site and check out the ecommerce software at ashop.com. It will help her site become even more customer friendly if order taking will be done electronically. Well, at least now she’ll have more time to build her site.
I am very much affected and sadden with what happened to her. She’s pregnant and Christmas is coming…
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
- Apply for the EON Visa Electron online
- Call your branch after 5-7 days if the card is ready for pick up
- Have a ready photocopy of your 2 valid IDs and prepare the payment of P350.00
- Upon receipt of the card, apply for an online banking account .
- Wait for 5 days for the activation of your card. You need to call your branch if your card is already activated.
- Once activated, deposit at least P100 to post a transaction (this is needed)
- You can now access your paypal account and enroll your EON card. (the three digit number that paypal will be needing is your CVV, the number under your PIN number, printed on the paper that comes with your card)
- Access your eon cyber account online for the EXPUSE number to verify your card in paypal. (Actually I'm not sure if this still works because some says you should call Unionbank Customer Service for your EXPUSE number, but according to my research, paypal discourages this procedure. But I do hope Unionbank already resolved this matter.)
- Once paypal verified your card, you can now transfer funds. The clearing period is 5-7 days. You can check you paypal and eon cyber account if the fund transfer is successful.
I have just enrolled for my cyber account on line and the rest I will do in the following days. So I'm still praying and hoping for the best. :)
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
I don't know if this blog really is kitten friendly, hehehe!!.. but I am grateful...and so with all the rest of the awards this blog has recieved so far. I am just so thankful to all of my blogfriends who openhandedly gave them to me. Thank you thank you so much!
- I love you! There is nothing that will make me stop loving you. Nothing you could do or say or think will ever change that.
- You are amazing! I look at you with wonder! Not just at what you can do, but who you are. There is no one like you. No one!
- It's all right to cry. People cry for all kinds of reasons: when they are hurt, sad, glad, or worried; when they are angry, afraid, or lonely. Big people cry too. I do.
- You've made a mistake. That was wrong. People make mistakes. I do. Is it something we can fix? What can we do? It's all over. You can start fresh. I know you are sorry. I forgive you.
- You did the right thing. That was scary or hard. Even though it wasn't easy, you did it. I am proud of you; you should be too.
- I'm sorry. Forgive me. I made a mistake.
- You can change your mind. It's good to decide, but it is also fine to change.
- What a great idea! You were really thinking! How did you come up with that? Tell me more. Your mind is clever!
- That was kind. You did something helpful and thoughtful for that person. That must make you feel good inside. Thank you!
- I have a surprise for you. It's not your birthday. It's for no reason at all. Just a surprise, a little one, but a surprise.
- I can wait. We have time. You don't have to hurry this time.
- What would you like to do? It's your turn to pick. You have great ideas. It's important to follow your special interests.
- Tell me about it. I'd like to hear more. And then what happened? I'll listen.
- I'm right here. I won't leave without saying good-bye. I am watching you. I am listening to you.
- Please and Thank You. These are important words. If I forget to use them, will you remind me?
- I missed you. I think about you when we are not together!
- Just try. A little bit. One taste, one step. You might like it. Let's see. I'll help you if you need it. I think you can do it.
- I'll help you. I heard you call me, here I am. How can I help you? If we both work together, we can get this done. I know you can do it by yourself, but I'm glad to help since you asked.
- What do you wish for? Even if it's not yet time for birthday candles and we don't have a wishbone, it's still fun to hear about what you wish for, hope for, and dream about
I told hubby about this and he said that he’ll asked his friend to gave us another quotation. I also emailed his friend but she hasn’t responded yet. Well I just hope she’ll give us a better quote next time.
- We went to Dampa at Libis last Friday and had our farewell dinner for our two church leadsingers. One of them will be staying for good in Singapore and the other one will be working in Florida. We'll surely miss them...
- Because they're leaving, two of us who are under training are now tasked to lead.
- My sister is two months pregnant!
- I already applied for EON Visa Electron online. I'll be recieving my card this week. I'm excited because according to Yugatech, users can now withdraw their paypal funds using eon. Isn't that great?!?
- Got an MMS from my handsome hubby this morning.
One of the essential and first things to think of on a wedding is the invitations. I remember one time, I saw these calla lilies inspired wedding invitations in a shop and I thought that it’s a nice wedding theme...calla lilies! The invitation comes with calla lily weddings cards too. I almost placed an order, hahaha! But during that time we already have our invitation designed so I brushed off the idea and thought I can just have our venue’s aisles decorated with white calla lilies…they look so simple yet elegant and neat, that’s why. I just love it during my wedding.
Well, my wedding is simply one of the best moments of my life.… I know it would also be for my officemates :)
5 things found in my bag
5 things found in my wallet
-atm & credit cards
-wallet size family photo
5 things found in my room
-Jaden's toys and bedmates
5 things I've always wanted to do
-learn how to drive
-do more digi LOs
-study more photoshop and flash programs
-more time with my daughter
-unlimited call with hubby
5 things I'm currently into
-planning for Christmas shopping
-searching for nice tots school
5 people to tag for this meme
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Our family’s health should be on top of our priorities. For me it’s one of the most important things in life. So it’s essential that we’re protected with healthcare coverage. I am thankful that one of the benefits our company provides their employees is our medical and health insurance. It’s such a relief when you do not worry about hospitalization fees...it’s a great help.
Never in my life have I been:
accused of things related to alcohol or drugs
The one person who can drive me nuts is:
I don't know anyone...hehehe!
High school is:
something I enjoyed and will never ever forget
When I’m nervous:
My heart pumps, my hands cold, and I always say a silent prayer...
If I were to get married right now my Maid of Honor would be:
Oh, I’m married...but It'll still be my sister
My hair is:
always long and straight and dark brown
When I was 10:
I enjoyed playing "hide and seek", "Patintero" and "Habulan" :D
Is Jaden's first Christmas..our first Christmas as a family
I should be:
sleeping early now to wake on time for our call time tomorrow
The happiest recent events were:
hubby was promoted!
By this time next year:
hubby's 18'th month at KSA...Jaden is 2 and a half years old
My current gripe is:
my laptop and internet connection :(
I have a hard time understanding:
some situations which I prefer not to talk about (same as Milet :D)
There’s this girl I know who:
is a backstabber and queen of pretensions and gossip.
You know I like you when:
I treat you as a friend and confide in you..
If I won an award, the first person I would tell would be:
Take my advice:
There's power in prayer
Something that I really want to buy is:
A fisher-price laughtop for Jaden, and a new dresser and closet for our room
If you visited the place I was born:
good for you.. I can't remember growing up there.. :D
I plan to visit:
Singapore or Hongkong when hubby returns
I’d stop my wedding if:
some untoward incident happens
The world could do without:
so much greed :(
I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than:
I won't! yuck!!! :D
Most recent thing I’ve bought myself:
A new pair of flat shoes
Most recent thing someone else bought me:
A necklace and a pair of merrell rubber shoes
This morning I:
woke up at 8am and saw Jaden already staring and smiling at me
This is really a tough one sis..but I enjoyed it. Thanks!
Thursday, November 22, 2007
to dream about what it would be like
to have a daughter.
Scattered among my hopes for someone
to love and share things with were
many fears of motherhood and all its challenges.
I wondered whether I had it in me to
give enough of my self to meet the
needs of a tiny new person who
would depend on me for everything.
I wondered whether I could love and
care for a beautiful daughter the
way I imagined in my dreams –
completely and without reservations.
When she finally became apart of my
life, I knew right away that she was
everything I had hoped for and more.
The little fears disappeared in the rush
of love I felt, and when I held her
in my arms I wanted to stay that
- Hubby told me that he’s sending his Christmas gift for us early next month…and guess what?? I’ll have my wish granted! He’s giving me necklace and earrings for Jaden. I am so giddy!
- He was also promoted to a new and much better position and…salary!
- Got new assignments today and I'm done!
- My sister lends me her Ipod... I just need to buy an ipod battery later at F.
- It’s a fine, cool and drizzling Thursday again!
In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself
In battles won
For I've been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength
alone, I overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes
Like diamonds in my hands
But these trophies could not equal
To the grace, by which I stand
In Christ aloneI place my trust
And find my glory
In the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone
In Christ alone will I glory
For only by His grace
I am redeemed
And only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness
To my need
Now I seek no greater honor
Than just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses
And to the glory of my Lord ....
This is one of the song I sooo love. Whenever I hear or sing this song, I am reminded to always trust Him!